Frequently Asked Questions
I feel like I have already tried everything out there. What makes my program any different.
I think the reason that my program is so popular is because it’s clear, simple, and easy to follow. Plus, it allows parents to choose one of two different approaches based on their child’s temperament and personality. I’ll offer you a number of different solutions to try with your baby – and I’m confident you’ll find the one that works best for you and your family!
Will my child cry?
Crying is your child's way of protesting change and you can expect that making changes to their sleep habits will result in some protest. That is why I'm always sure to tell parents that my program will most likely involve at least some amount of protest on the child's part.Please understand that I will never ask you to leave your child to cry alone, nor will I ask you to ignore their cries. The reason that my method is so effective is that it lets you develop a plan that you feel comfortable with, based on what you know about your child.
How fast will I see results?
All children respond to sleep training differently. Measuring your child's success will help show their progress and highlight areas for improvement. you shouldn't expect your child to sleep 12 uninterrupted hours on the first night (although it does happen;). Parents tend to see significant improvement by night three.
Do you support breastfeeding?
ABSOLUTELY! As a sleep consultant, I support a family's decision to breastfeed, bottle feed or us a combination of both. Sleep plans are customized to align with your family's needs and ensure the continued health of your child.
My child is no longer a baby. Is your program appropriate for toddlers or preschoolers?
Yes, I have had great success with toddlers and preschoolers who have used my program. And the good news is that, when you’re dealing with older children, you can make use of incentives like reward charts!
I have twin/triplets. Will your program work for me?
Of course! I’ve been specifically trained on sleep training twins, trips, and multiples. It’s a little more work (isn’t EVERYTHING when you have multiples?) but it’s 100% doable!
How do I know if your services are right for me?
Here are 10 reasons on why hiring me is a terrific idea!
1. Children’s sleep problems are usually a mom’s #1 frustration or concern. Research proves that sleep issues in children can take up to five years to resolve themselves, if they do. That is too long to have sleepless nights.
2. Sleep affects physical and emotional health, for YOU and your child.
3. The books are overwhelming and contradictory. I will give you the facts and tools you need right NOW! This will give you the confidence and motivation to implement your sleep plan immediately.
4. My strategies are gentle and effective! I am not going to ask you to leave your child to cry alone in their room for hours. I create a sleep plan that respects your family.
5. Ongoing support. I am with you every step of the way. I will coach you through your questions and provide you with the encouragement you need to stick to your plan.
6. All children are different. You know your child best! With your input, I will create a customized sleep plan for your child that is practical and easy to follow.
7. I’ve been there! I am a MOM just like you, who wants the BEST for my children. I can honestly say that I read every book about sleep I could get my hands on and tried EVERYTHING out there! Sleep Sense has the answers that parents are looking for.
8. I help families obtain healthy sleep habits for a lifetime! This is not a short-term solution nor is it a quick fix. The skills your child will learn stays with them over their entire lives. The benefits of a good night’s sleep are endless!
9. My pricing is based on the age of your child and the amount of support needed to ensure your success. This is an investment that will pay off for years to come in the form of a fun & relaxed routine at bedtime, time for yourself in the evenings or to spend as a couple, the ease of having a babysitter, a well rested child during the day and finally; a family with the energy to enjoy life!
10. If you are the parent of a child who isn’t sleeping through the night, you’ve come to the right place! I have helped other families get the sleep they need and starting right now ~ I can help you too!